This light sauce goes perfectly with poached or grilled salmon or trout. Do use shallots rather than onions if possible. Shallots are sweeter in flavor, particularly when they have began to caramelize over the heat, and work wonderfully well in this simple sauce.
Ingredients – Morton’s Salmon
2 Salmon Fillets, 8-10oz. each
1 Tsp Seasoned Salt
Cooking Instructions – Morton’s Salmon
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Brush both sides of the salmon with oil.
3. Season both sides of the salmon with seasoned salt.
4. Broil the salmon, 3 inches from the heat source, for 5min.
5. Turn the salmon over.
6. Broil for 3min.
Ingredients – Beurre Blanc Sauce
3 Shallots, chopped
3 Tbsp White Wine
3 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
1 Stick of Butter, diced
Ground White Pepper
Cooking Instructions – Beurre Blanc Sauce
1. Boil shallots, white wine, white wine vinegar in a small pan.
2. Reduce over high heat until 2Tbsp liquid remains.
3. Remove pan from heat.
4. Whisk in butter, piece by piece.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add lemon juice to taste.