This excellent mushroom and wine sauce will transform simple pan-fried or grilled chicken, grilled or roast pork, or rabbit dishes. To give the sauce more flavor use chestnut mushrooms.
Ingredients – Pork
1.5 lbs Pork Tenderloin, ¼” rounds
2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
Ground Black Pepper
1 Tsp Mixed Herbs
1 Onion, chopped
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
1 Tbsp Butter
Cooking Instructions – Pork
1. Marinate pork in mixture of cooking oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, mixed herbs, onion, and garlic.
2. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
3. Drain meat from the marinade and reserve the marinade.
4. Melt the butter and sauté the pork until it is white.
5. Add the marinade.
6. Stir in the chasseur sauce.
7. Simmer, covered for ½ hour.
8. Simmer uncovered for ½ hour.
Ingredients – Chasseur Sauce
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Shallot, chopped
2 Cups Chestnut Mushrooms, sliced
½ Cup White Wine
2 Tbsp Brandy
1 Quantity Espagnole Sauce [http://wp.me/pJsR8-5n]
1 Tbsp Tarragon, chopped
Cooking Instructions – Chasseur Sauce
1. Melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Fry the shallot until soft but not browned.
3. Add the mushrooms and sauté until they start to brown.
4. Pour in the white wine and brandy.
5. Simmer over medium heat until reduced by half.
6. Add the Espagnole Sauce and tarragon.