The delicate green color of this cream sauce looks wonderful against pink-fleshed fish, such as salmon or sea trout. The flavor is complementary, too.
Ingredients – Salmon
2 Salmon Fillets
Ground Black Pepper
Cooking Instructions – Salmon
1. Butter steamer racks and place in simmering water.
2. Season salmon with salt and pepper.
3. Steam for 10min.
Ingredients – Watercress Cream
1 Bunch of Watercress
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Shallot, chopped
⅛ Cup Plain Flour
75ml Fish Stock, heated
75ml White Wine
½ Tsp Fish Sauce
75ml Single (Light) Cream
Cooking Instructions – Watercress Cream
1. Blanch watercress in boiling water for5min.
2. Drain and soak in cold water.
3. Drain and remove excess moisture.
4. Chop watercress finely.
5. Melt butter over medium heat.
6. Fry shallots for 3 – 4min.
7. Stir in flour.
8. Cook for 1 – 2min.
9. Remove pan from heat.
10. Stir in fish stock and white wine.
11. Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
12. Simmer for 2 – 3min, stirring occasionally.
13. Stir in watercress, fish sauce, and cream.
14. Season with salt, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice.