Some people find classic mayonnaise difficult to make, but this version couldn’t be easier. The essential thing is to have all the ingredients at room temperature. Be aware that this recipe contains raw eggs. If this is a concern, use bought mayonnaise instead.
Ingredients – Crab Cakes
½ Cup Red Bell Pepper, minced
1 Tsp Vegetable Oil
⅓ Cup Mayonnaise
1 Egg Yolk
1½ Tbsp Stone-Ground Mustard
1 – 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
¾ Tsp Dried Tarragon, crumbled
1 lbs Crab Meat, picked over
1½ Cup Panko
Cooking Instructions – Crab Cakes
1. Sauté bell pepper in oil over medium high heat for 2min.
2. Whisk mayonnaise, egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice, tarragon, and bell pepper together.
3. Stir in the crab; season with salt and pepper.
4. Chill crab mixture, covered, for 1hr.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Spread panko in even layer and toast for 10min.
7. Leave to cool.
8. Form slightly flattened rounds from teaspoons of crab mixture.
9. Coat gently with panko and chill for 2hrs.
10. Preheat oven to 450°F.
11. Drizzle ¼ Tsp Butter on each crab cake.
12. Bake for 15min.
Ingredients – Mustard Mayonnaise
1 Egg Yolk
1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
1 Lemon, juiced
¾ Cup Olive Oil
¾ Cup Sunflower Oil
Ground White Pepper
Cooking Instructions – Mustard Mayonnaise
1. Process the egg and egg yolk for 20 sec.
2. Add mustard, half the lemon juice, generous amount of salt and white pepper.
3. Process for 30 sec.
4. Keep the motor running, pour oils in steady stream.
5. Add remaining lemon juice and seasoning.