This aromatic sauce is served warm, rather than hot. It tastes so great you’ll want to provide plenty of good bread or boiled new potatoes to mop up any sauce remaining on the plate. It is essential to the flavor of this sauce that you use the best quality olive oil.
225g Tomatoes, peeled, seeded; diced
1 Tbsp Shallot, finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, finely sliced
½ Cup Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Cold Water
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
Caster Sugar, superfine
1 Tbsp Chervil, chopped
1 Tbsp Chives, chopped
2 Tbsp Basil Leaves, torn
Ground Black Pepper
12oz Pasta Shells, cooked
1. Infuse shallot and garlic in olive oil over gentle heat.
2. Warm through, but not fry/cook.
3. Whisk in cold water and lemon juice.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Stir in tomatoes.
6. Season with salt, black pepper, and sugar.
7. Whisk in chopped chervil and chives.
8. Leave to stand 10-15min.
9. Reheat gently to warm through.
10. Stir in basil.
11. Add cooked pasta and toss well.