This creamy Madeira-flavored sauce originated in America. Its rich flavor will not mask delicate foods.
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Shallot, chopped
300ml Double (Heavy) Cream, set aside 4 Tbsp
4 Tbsp Madeira Wine
3 Egg Yolks
Ground Black Pepper
¾ Lbs Cooked Lobster Meat, broken into chunks
1. Melt butter and cook shallot until translucent.
2. Place cooked shallot into double boiler over simmering water.
3. Add cayenne pepper and cream (excluding 4 Tbsp set aside).
4. Leave inside the double boiler for 10min.
5. Stir in Madeira wine.
6. Beat egg yolks with the 4 Tbsp cream set aside in a separate bowl.
7. Stir yolk mixture into the hot sauce in the double boiler.
8. Continue stirring in double boiler until thickened.
10. Add cooked lobster and heat through before serving.