I really dislike the raw and earthy taste of asparagus so let’s hope this recipe is able to cover that up with the savory flavor from the bacon and the velouté sauce 😀
Ingredients – Roulades
2 Asparagus Spears, trimmed
3 Bacon strips
1 Chicken Breast, boneless & skinless; pounded to ¼” thick
2 Tbsp Parmesan, grated
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
Cooking Instructions – Roulades
1. Place bacon strips, asparagus, garlic, and parmesan on the inside of the chicken breast.
2. Roll the chicken breast from one side to the other.
3. Heat some olive oil on high heat.
4. Sear the roulades with the slit end down till golden brown.
5. Bake roulades at 350°F for 10-15min.
Ingredients – Velouté Sauce
300ml Fish Stock
1 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Plain Flour
1 Tbsp Single (Light) Cream
Ground Black Pepper
Cooking Instructions – Velouté Sauce
1. Heat stock until almost boiling.
2. Melt butter in another pan and stir in flour, stirring constantly.
3. Cook over medium heat for 3-4min and remove from heat.
4. Gradually pour in hot stock, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens
5. Simmer until sauce reduces by ¼.
6. Strain sauce and remove from heat.
7. Stir in cream and season with salt & pepper.
- For a richer flavor in a special dish, replace 2-3 Tbsp of the stock with dry white wine or vermouth.
- For a sherry velouté, add 4 Tbsp dry sherry with the stock, reducing the quantity of stock by 4 Tbsp