The smoky flavor of the bacon penetrates the chicken as it slowly roasts in the oven and the rich flavor of the cream cheese is balanced off with the sharpness of the tangy sauce.
Ingredients – Bacon Wrapped Chicken
4 Chicken Breasts, skinless & boneless
Cooking Instructions – Bacon Wrapped Chicken
1. Pound chicken breasts to ½” thickness.
2. Spread with cream cheese.
3. Sprinkle with chives.
4. Fold over from both sides.
5. Wrap with bacon, seam side down.
6. Bake in 400°F for 40min.
7. Brown the bacon with the broiler for the last few minutes.
Ingredients – Lemon Sauce
1 Lemon, juice & rind
7 Tsp Dried Tarragon Leaves, chopped
1 Shallot, chopped
6 Tbsp White Wine
1 Quantity of Velouté Sauce (Recipe here)
2 Tbsp Double (Heavy) Cream
2 Tbsp Brandy
Ground Black Pepper
Cooking Instructions – Lemon Sauce
1. Reserve 1 Tbsp of tarragon aside.
2. Simmer lemon juice, lemon rind, the remaining tarragon, shallots and white wine until reduced by half.
3. Strain the liquid and return to the stove.
4. Add the Velouté Sauce, cream, brandy, and reserved tarragon.
5. Heat through and season with salt & pepper.