The flavor of the chicken and green peppercorns creates an ideal marriage of coloring and taste. The green peppercorns in brine are a better choice than the dry-packed type because they tend to give this piquant, creamy sauce a more rounded, full flavor.
Ingredients – Chicken
4 Chicken Breast Halves, boneless & skinless
¼ Cup Plain Flour
½ Tsp Paprika
½ Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Cooking Instructions – Chicken
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt.
2. Combine flour and paprika in a shallow dish.
3. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
4. Heat oil over medium heat.
5. Pan fry chicken 5min on each side or until done.
Ingredients – Green Peppercorn Sauce
1 Tbsp Green Peppercorn in Brine, drained
1 Onion, chopped
2 Tbsp Butter
300ml Chicken Stock
½ Lemon, juiced
1 Tbsp Beurre Manié (Cream equal quantities of butter and plain flour together; chill until firm)
3 Tbsp Double (Heavy) Cream
1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
Ground Black Pepper
Cooking Instructions – Green Peppercorn Sauce
1. Dry green peppercorns and crush them lightly.
2. Soften onion in butter.
3. Add chicken stock and lemon juice.
4. Bring to boil.
5. Simmer for 15min.
6. Whisk in Beurre Manié
7. Stir in green peppercorns, cream, and mustard.