A truly luscious sauce, that is subtly flavored, rich and creamy.
Ingredients – Asparagus
2lb Asparagus, trimmed
Cooking Instructions – Asparagus
1. Bring salted water to a boil.
2. Cook asparagus for 3min.
3. Drain and refresh in ice water.
4. Chill until needed.
Ingredients – Mousseline Sauce
2 Egg Yolks
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
6 Tbsp Butter, softened
90ml Double (Heavy) Cream
Extra Lemon Juice
Ground Black Pepper
Cooking Instructions – Mousseline Sauce
1. Whisk egg yolks and lemon juice in a bowl over simmering water / double boiler, until thick and fluffy.
2. Whisk in butter a little at a time, allowing each piece to melt before adding the next piece.
3. Whisk until butter is completely absorbed with consistency of mayonnaise.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Whisk cream until stiff peaks in separate bowl.
6. Fold whipped cream into sauce.
7. Season to taste with extra lemon juice, salt, and black pepper.